Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Best TV of 2005

Inspired by everyone else's list, the following is my list of the best television shows of 2005:

10. Ghost Whisperer: It sometimes gets repetitive, but overall a pretty good show.
9. The Office: Some find it stupid, but I can't help but laugh.
8. Desperate Housewives: Sophomore slump? Maybe. But still good.
7. Scrubs: NBC has severely mistreated their best comedy in years.
6. How I Met Your Mother: Doogie Howser makes this show.
5. Reba: Yes, I watch this show. Yes, this is the only top ten list it made.
4. My Name is Earl: You don't get much funnier than this.
3. Bones: Sometimes gory, but always good.
2. Prison Break: The suspense is killing me -- on hiatus until March.
1. Supernatural: Great special effects (especially for the WB).

There you have it. You don't have to agree (you likely won't). But, such a list is always a good dialogue starter.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

6 comments:

m.d. mcmullin said...

LOST!! You didn't include LOST.

I watch all the Law & Order shows too.

Anonymous said...

I got hooked on "Lost" this season. Very addictive.

Just started watching "The Office" which is hilarious. Everyone talks about 'Prison', 'Earl' & 'Mother' so I hope to start watching those this summer (or when they come out on DVD).

And "Bones" and "Supernatural" are great shows!

Nathan said...

I'd have to agree with Lost. I also watch Grey's Anatomy, even though it's about as much of an evening smut soap as Desperate Housewives.

About Scrubs - I love that show, but what did you think about last night's 2 premier episodes for the season? They were a bit wackier than previous shows. Almost too far for me in the stupidity direction. New writers? I hope they don't ruin a great little comedy.

Bryan said...

I am just not a big fan of Lost. I know I am in the minority, but I have tried and tried to get interested in it and I just can't. As for last night's Scrubs, they were crazy. I read an interview with the writers that said to expect some crazy stuff this year -- they are going to see how much they can get away with since it looks like its just me and you that watch it.

Anonymous said...

Its never a good thing when a show gets moved around (or in Scrubs case put on hiatus for the first half of a season), recieves little promotion AND when story lines become nutty...or for Scrubs, nuttier.

As Bryan said, they are looking to have some fun since they are getting jerked around with. Arrested Development did the same thing with their last few episodes. FOX (and NBC) doesn't know a good comedy even when it's right in front of them.

Disappointed I missed the season premire though. I thought next week was when it began.

m.d. mcmullin said...

I watch scrubs. Very funny. It is an acquired taste though, I didn't like it when it first came on. Then one episode caught my attention.